Monday 15 August 2016

How will Neath and Port Talbot Labour party vote in the Labour Leadership election?...see you all in September



I will be sunning myself in Taormina in Sicily by the time most of you hear about the decision of the local CLPs . We call know that Christina Rees nominated Owen Smith and we all know that Stephen “Baby doc” Kinnock probably sees himself as the Blairite Messiah. I will be very interested to see the progress of the Corbynistas in Wales. Neath Labour with a few exceptions seems just as conservative, just as monolithic just as wedded to the establishment as ever it was.


When Corbyn came to Swansea nearly 2,000 people went to see him, in Merthyr and Cardiff he has been attracting large numbers of people. Yet Labour in Wales has little changed. The new recruits it has attracted in the last six months from small parties of the left will not be able to vote and there is little indication of policy changes bubbling through. Wales is the last remaining fortress of “Old Welsh Labour” and all that it brings with it. It will be interesting to see how the Council elections of 2017 throughout Wales shows. There are implications for both the Greens and for Plaid here. The challenge for the Corbynistas will be how not to appear as the old “Brit Left”. There will be a by election probably this Autumn in the NPT Council seat of Blaengwrach this is a Plaid seat and it will be interesting to see the result.



However as boundary changes are occurring it will mean that both Christina Rees and Stephen Kinnock will face reselection and following “private schoolgate” and the fact that mini Kinnock was selected by a majority of one will be most interesting. There have been a few signs of criticism of both from within and without of the Labour Party. It's going to be an interesting Autumn. However until September I am going to be away. 


 To my detractors and my supporters I wish you well and look forward to debates throughout the Autumn. Taormina and Sicily is calling according to the App on my phone the temperature is 31degrees. So I wish you well Benjamin Mackenzie in your role as the H P Lovecraft of Seven Sisters, to Stephen Karl Hunt, the Lone Ranger of the Neath Valley and to Robert Miller the Einstein of Port Talbot. I would like to particularly assure him I have paid all my bills and am looking forward to future debates...I'll be seeing you all soon..........oh yes and finally to Gareth Hanford that rare breed the honourable kipper.......who is worth debating with,,,,,,I cant give a higher accolade

No comments:

Post a Comment