Thursday 25 May 2017

you better watch out,......There may be dogs about after June 8th

You better watch out,......There may be dogs about after June 8th




As we drove through Brecon and Radnor this on Saturdayfrom Trecastle back to Ystradgynlais, I could not help noticing the fields with Tory posters on the hedge rows. In the fields were the sheep waiting to be slaughter in wars to come, to have their wages depressed ,their jobs deskilled and their pens and fields outsourced as they learnt to be the proud and patriotic sheep being driven to the slaughter house.And as they went they repeated over and over again ," strong and stable, strong and stable...I am so glad those black sheep are not going to our slaughter house " ....an interesting metaphor for our time.....or is it?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-oJt_5JvV4
Sheep (Waters) Pink Floyd 

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
You better watch out,
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Jordan, and I have seen
Things are not what they seem.

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real.
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes.
Now things are really what they seem.
No, this is no bad dream.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by.
With bright knives He releaseth my soul.
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places.
He converteth me to lamb cutlets,
For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger.
When cometh the day we lowly ones,
Through quiet reflection, and great dedication
Master the art of karate,
Lo, we shall rise up,
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

Bleating and babbling I fell on his neck with a scream.
Wave upon wave of demented avengers
March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Have you heard the news?
The dogs are dead!
You better stay home
And do as you're told.
Get out of the road if you want to grow old.


 On Monday I wrote a piece on the Manchester horror. It was nuanced and had my deep emotional sorrow contained within it. I was told to fuck off, that I was using politics and that I had been waiting fror such an event..so that I could write my bile,



The people who said these things were the same people who told me off for writing about Abervan, about suffering and about injustice. I have no pleasure in writing about the horrors of Manchester. And yet I canniot keep silent like the assholes, the conservative assholes who moan when you point out the obvious to them. They don’t want to see, they cant see, it disturbs them to think outside the box and to challenge their narrow views.



They are afraid to think and by condemning me for writing about these difficult topics they hide away and prevent a real dialogue, a real debate, a real education to millions about reality, power and confusion. When you read their comments the narrowness peeps through. Over my therapeutic career I have sat with people who have been imprisoned, blown up and tortured by totalitarian regiemes. I have friends and students who have sat outside military prisons not knowing where there loved ones are. Not knowing what is going on within the walls of that prison and unlike the conservative minds I meet they have imagination and empathy This is what katie Hopkins tweeted today...yes she use dthe nazi words "final solution"



The conservative mind is closed, they cannot  imagine  anything outside of their own prejudices.. I know what the parents of Manchester are suffering and experiencing and I will point out out the solutions and the realities. The emotions are raw but I wuill not be quiet because a few narrow minded bigots have a truncated  view of reality. So fuck you…….dont have the nerve to tell me what lies within my heart.

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. —Thoreau

Never say you know the last word about any human heart.” Henry James

If you allow Manchester to make you vote Conservative you will wake up in a few years and you will discover that you have lost so many things. It would easy to do that, and so difficukt not to give in to hate. The dogs who will rip you to pieces come both from within us and within our system...dont get fooled again .



No comments:

Post a Comment