Friday 30 October 2015

Are you local?


Here is my genetic profile. Wow what an interesting mix. Where will you send me back to Mr Frage. I am nearly 10 % Irish......and really like the Italian IHreek mix......
Europe 100%
Great Britain 79%
Ireland 9%
Trace Regions 12%
Europe West 8%
Scandinavia 4%
Europe East 2%
Italy/Greece 2%
I jad my DNA result yesterday/ Have long been interested in mymongrel dna. I discovered that there is a very healthy Irish element to me. The Jewieh element seems to come from Eastern Europe, and there is Greek and Italian elements there as well. I found my not being local put to the test last night. It reminded me of a scene I remember from the League of gentlemens series.Any emblance to any local NPT Councillor is entirely accidental and nothing to do with me..


..........
What an interesting evening at the anti wind farm meeting in Ystelyfera. After being asked what we thought. I was then told I could not speak as I was not local. Then a particularly lovely community councillor told me that because of my accent I could not possibly understand the issues. The strange thing was though two or three members of the committee and several anti wind farm protestors had English accents...but that was clearly different.I have only lived in Wales since I was 16...almost 42 years ago. My great grandmother was from Angelsy and my family moved to the Midlands to find work. If I had experienced this as a Jew or Pakistani or was of Islamicist culture I would now be exploring a case of racist action. As we left two local residents apologised for this disgraceful outburst by one of the local community councillors. I will be contacting Leanne Woody of Plaid Cymru in the morning. I will let Neil Wagstaff tell his perceptions of the meeting, I am in favour of an independent Wales and was briefly a member of Plaid Cymro . My colleague Neil Wagstaff drscibed it like this
"NPTGP members had a wdescribedarm welcome thrust upon us this evening at the Tegwch/Farteg Wind Farm consultation in Ystalyfera Community Hall (not). The anger, animosity and hostility was palpable towards us Greens after we raised our hands upon being asked who was in favour of the project. A community councillor on the committee denigrated Martyn's opinions because he had an 'English accent', despite having lived in Wales since he was 16 years old; AND two members of the four-man Tegwch committee were suspiciously.. REALLY English! Lol. Plus, an NPT Plaid councillor accused me of recording the meeting on my phone (falsely), so I had to remind her that, despite raising her hand moments before to say she was against fracking, she actually voted in favour of the the exploratory borehole drilling that's about to take place in Pontrhydyfen. I was quite happy to have not spoken at the meeting tonight - we all agreed we were just going to be there to listen to people's complaints and grievances, but once we were set upon (no other words for it), well, we had to try and convey a voice of reason to the proceedings, but, alas, to no avail.. In fact, a couple of local people came up to us after the meeting to apologise for the disrespectful way we were treated! No one told me that upon joining the Green Party I'd be considered a social outcast and pariah lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment