Monday 14 March 2016

The Enemy of my Enemy



The enemy of my enemy is my friend is an ancient proverb which suggests that two opposing parties can or should work together against a common enemy. The earliest known expression of this concept is found in a Sanskrit treatise on statecraft dating to around the 4th century BC, while the first recorded use of the current English version came in 1884.Some suggest that the proverb is of Arabic origin.
The proverb is sometimes phrased as "the enemy of mine enemy is my friend" or "my enemy's enemy is my friend."[citation needed]
The proverb in Arabic is 'عدو عدوي هو صديقي' ('Adu 'Aduyi Hooweh Ssadikki - My enemy's enemy is my friend).[citation needed] A similar Bedouin Arabic proverb is 'أنا وأخي على ابن عمي وأنا وابن عمي على الغريب' (Anna WaAkhi Al Ibn Ammi, WaAnna WaIbn Ammiya Alla Karib - Me and my brother against my cousin, and [but] me and my cousin against a stranger.

Last week some of my friends from the Green Dragon did excellent work exposing the background of UKIP and the policies and proceedures that this right wing party represented. It's a common perception that I am the Green Dragon and while I certainly promote ite events and researches I can confidently tell you all that I am merely its messenger.

Last week we saw a common coming together of three individuals a Mr Andy Chyba, Anne Greagsby and a naughty little boy contributed to the debate my dishing the relevance of Green Dragons investigative work. Ms Greagsby even tweeted to the lead UKIP candidate for South West Wales warning her of my neferious past. Mr Chyba even tweeted about my nefearious past around my bankruptcy seeking to discredit the excellent piece by Martin Shipton on the neo fascist past of a now withdrawn UKIP candidate
Its quite interesting that this new alliance of Chyba and Greagsby shows the real nature of their concerns. They simply would prefer to help UKIP rather than expose it. It is interesting that they are completely unaware of the ad ˈhɒmɪnɛm arguement (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining) as for the third of the triumvirate I would simply ask the following question. Why is that the relations between the Green Party and Plaid Cymru are so bad? The answer is simply is that its because of the few bitter twisted narcissists who leave the Green Party join Plaid Cymru.

On the left we are very good at understanding how the collective works but many are very poor at understanding how our ego impacts upon ourselves. We can even reach the point where we tip off UKIP. That's a bad case of Bartalotti/Shrewsbury syndrome they are suffering from. It's rather more serious in the case when one of the three musketeers is a member of Plaid's National Council. Perhaps in the case of the fragrant Anne it had more to do with another event happening last week with her beloved Wallis. I began with an Arabic quote. I shall conclude with an Afghanistan one by Rumi.

Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.”
― RumiThe Essential Rumi


No comments:

Post a Comment