Thursday 16 February 2017

I was just doing my job and looked the other way......


I saw today a response on Neath Voice for Everybody that clearly shows that people cannot face up to their darker side . Some one had put up a post saying that police were bracing themselves for an increase of hate crimes as the Brexit process began. Many responses showed denial or called it doom and gloom. Each one who argued in this way we're right wing and white. They claimed that nothing had changed that they had seen nothing ,that all these things were the product if lefties and commies. It was the usual suspects the Communications Director foer a local UKIP et al. No reflection but look the other way and be cheerful...what me I am not responsible for anything......



The truth is that we do not "see' what is going on when we do not belong to the group's that we are not part of. It took me well over 40 years to see class prejudice, homophobia and ethnic prejudice. This is simply because I am white ,middle-class and heterosexual. We do not see because often we are insecure in our identifiers . If we come from a. right wing or conservative position we often fail to understand collective approaches and use repeatedly denial . One comment said that the most negative posts came from those who had the most optimistic expressions of hope. That seems obvious to me....The denials of reality were an uncanny echo of the words of Donald Trump and Paul Nuttal . There is a significant group within society locked into a denial of truth and experience ...Weimar is alive on Neath Voice for Everybody....It's OK to look the other way ...I was only doing my job ...Eichmann lives ......

No comments:

Post a Comment