Wednesday 11 March 2020

Where there is fear there is power.



Where there is fear there is power...So the interest rate is cut to 0.25 %. Nadine Dorris tests positive as we stagger on into an unreal dystopian future. At the full Moon we hear varying reports and a vast swarm of fake news flows ever onwards.

In America the Democratic party seems to turn it's back on Bernie Sanders and embraces four mire years of Trump I reflect as I wait for the bus to arrive if Jeremy Corbyn was a Justinian figure in a long and prolonged decline of Empire Those who came after Justinian were bland and ineffective. 2017 was the reconquest of Spain, Italy and North Africa before the decline began again.
Perhaps he was Julian the Apostate turning back to the old faith as the world became grey from the toxicity of neo liberalism. I cling to the old faith and party, sustained by Hegel and Gramsci. I feel like the old Pagan in Swinburnes poem sure of my faith and loathing of the new ways. I am one of Eliot's Magi returning home and finding society clinging to strange ways and alien gods.
Maybe Hegel will sustain me in these strange times ...maybe history will turn on odd events and black swans.. My shadow and Id arises as I fantasize rather cruelly on just who Nandine Dorris infected and then i hurridly dismiss the thought with shame and self dislike.

I reflect that Italy gas twice as many emergency beds and a greater ratio of doctors to people than we do here. I reflect on how treatment will be distributed and who will be first for the respirators. Then just below the surface I detect my own anxiety I an asthmatic and of a certain age . If my own shadow and id drives me to dark and unwholsome thoughts I wonder what fears and hate roams the land. There are monsters in these time Leon Trotsky horrendous ones.. we await events, dear boy, events as I prepare to teach Max Weber in my philisophy class. We all await the unforseen circumstances of history as Dylan the Dog from a Welsh rescue centre is to be sent packing. The mask slips as we see behind it the monsters lurking in the administration of the "People's ParlIament". Dylan like us all makes too much mess for our rulers and we await the future. It is not Brexit that is done .. I shake off my dark mood ...Spring is coming and my resistance rises...where there is fear there is power...

No comments:

Post a Comment