Thursday 19 May 2016

I have changed my mind on Europe since last June

Many individuals have seen me as a pro European Union Spin Doctor ...so I will just quote what I wrote last year in June .....I frequently change my mind
July 16, 2015 ·
I heard the words on Radio 4 this morning as I walked through Neath at 6 15 this morning, " Markets are delighted at the split in Syriza" . The left has to face up to the implications that neoliberalism is now dominant in the European Union. A democratically elected Green government in an independent Wales or Scotland would have its mandate for radical social and economic reform controled by the bankers and this neoliberal vision. I cant allow UKIP to determine the No campaign to the nutters of the Tory Right or the loonies of UKIP. I am nearly convinced that there must be a No campaign of the radical, Environmental Left. This has serious implications for both Plaid in Wales and the SNP in Scotland.. It will be interesting to see what a Corbyn victory in the Labour leadership election brings to this issue. I also wonder what this will mean for the Liberal Democrats under Tim Farron...
In a situation of a Corbyn victory we will see a new SDP breakout or a leaving of the left from within the Labour Party. I see the remnants of the Liberal Democrats being absorbed by this new SDP . The old Liberal Democrat dream of Europe is squeezed between the nasty right and the "Europe of the Regions" view from the left. The Euro is dead in the water and we await the rebirth of the forces of the left . We are going through the birth pangs of this process. Greece will leave the Euro and the EU will become a centralised block of Germany, France and the Low Countries.
LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment