Sunday 8 May 2016

Target to Win ...there is no Alternative....

Its not often I agree with Andy Chyba but at least I will give him the credit for backing target to Win. I notice that in certain seats in Wales we are now nudging up towards the deposit level. I was particularly impressed with this in Swansea West, Cardiff Central and at least three others. Looking back on the events of Thursday night it is now imperative that each constituency party starts its work on selecting a Council ward to begin its work for next may. Glancing a ballot boxes in Neath I saw small but significant numbers of Green votes in Melin, Neath north and Ystelyfera.
I dont know how many times I must have raised the Second Vote Green issue, only to hear the calls fall on stony ground, be shot down and told that itdoesnt work. London and Scotland illustrates what absolute nonsense this ignorance was. IT IS NO ACCIDENT THAT THE SCOTTISH GREEN PARTY USED THIS METHOD AS DID THE LONDON GREEN PARTY and they did fine. I am just tempted to say WTF and why did you not listen. So many people started using it in the last few weeks as the scales fell from their eyes..an di was no longer the Prophet outcast crying in the wilderness.
The answer, I hope, can be found in a proper target-to-win approach, through doorknocking campaigns in carefully selected wards, as described in the How to Win Local Elections manual. The parliamentary election is the perfect time to galvanise supporters in this way. 
How to Win Local Elections, published in February 2014, has already helped produce some of the party’s most successful results, with 30 new councillors winning in last May’s election. The Wirral’s Pat Cleary was one. He said: “I couldn’t have done it without the manual. I followed its instructions to the letter. If we hadn’t done that, we probably wouldn’t have won.” 
The manual contains 235 pages of easy-to-read guidance on everything from building your activist base to canvassing scripts and leaflet design, written by four of the party’s most capable strategists. The £12.50 price includes 12 months’ membership of the Association of Green Councillors. Send a cheque made out to the Association of Green Councillors to Susan Murray, AGC Treasurer, at 16 Clare Road, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1PN. Or instruct your bank, online or on the phone, to pay by BACS transfer the Association of Green Councillors, Triodos Bank, Deanery Road, Bristol BS1 5AS, sort code 16-58-10, account number 20075871. Once you have made payment, please inform Robert Lindsay, AGC Coordinator, at: AGC@greenparty.org.uk 

Finally I will dedicate these lyrics to the emotions that the Green party stirs up in me. Perhaps it is another thing I share with our king over the water but I also see another young pretender sniffing around on the outside of the party once more. Perhaps he will one day find his purpose...but as for me and Mr Chyba I must conclude.......I am here for the long campaign at least..........

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "






2 comments:

  1. Apart from "She got Mercedes Benz", perhaps. We don't have those in Wales Green Party! Or is it an electric one?

    ReplyDelete