Thursday 30 January 2020

I am so sorry my European friends..a full English Brexit


A heartfelt apology to my European Friends....I am so sorry and ashamed to be a subject of the British state. When I see the Brexit Party wave little flags designed for sand castles that will be washed away by the incoming tide I wretch. It's a metaphor, an allegory and a message to the little flagwavers of the Brexit Party. A full English Brexit in all its ignorance is coming as the Union Jack clashes with the sunset of the British state.. When we live in a society where to point out racism is seen as worse than racism itself we see the consequences of social conservatism and the closing of tolerance and understanding. Mark Francois, Nigel Farage and Nigel Evans as the prime gammon of these dreadful times make e ashamed to 

belong to these damp isles. Those who wave their little flags the those who know our history the least and our culture and literature even less. They have no idea that the Magna Carta was imposed by French Knights and the "Glorious Revolution" by a Dutch army. The fog in the channel cuts us off from our European roots and the little Englanders who live here do not even know that half of Margaret Thatcher's Cabinet were the children or grandchildren of migrants. I love the literature, culture and folklore of the nation's of the British Isles. I love Europe and how the sunlight shines on the marble of Venice. I love the smell of the Cistine Chapel, of the feeling of the fine sand on the Sicilian beach, of the city if Rome. The outline of the medieval cathedrals of Germany and the cafe society of France. 


I loath the neo liberalism of much of the EU yet I loath the bluekippers even more. I love the Europe of Goethe, Gramsci and Machiaevelli, the Divine Comedy of Dante and the works of Petrarch and Boccaccio. I understand the long European influence on Chaucer, Shakespeare and Milton. This is a terrible time, the time of the chlorinated chicken and of fake news. I am so ashamed of being a subject of and sharing the same country as Francois, Farage and Evans .None of this trio will even know the works I talk about or what they mean. They will simply call me unpatriotic and 'un' British and will tell me to live elsewhere. They are so predictable and I am so ashamed of them. Please understand my fellow Europeans I am so sorry. Please forgive us. They know not what they do....if possible I would like to have associate European Citizenship but if not I understand. I will always be European, Welsh and a citizen of the world. Fuck off Farage return to your public school, stockbroker and Tory background I know you and see the minnow of your soul and the shark of your mind. Sorry Europe I really am...

Martyn

No comments:

Post a Comment