Monday 13 January 2020

Monday political thoughts..Republic now...

As I listen to Radio 4 this morning it becomes so clear how dated, archaic and bizzare are the institutions of the British state. Both the BBC and the monarchy illustrate it perfectly the Royal BBC correspondent sells a story, a myth and a discourse that gas no meaning anymore. The BBC itself effectively becomes an organ of the class nature and frothy snobbery of a Britain that has never existed.

From it's creation the BBC has gone along with the myth of monarchy. For all of my life I have loathed the monarchy . I saw it's hypocrisy from the age of 8. In 1969 I asked my teacher at my English Prep school why the Investiture occurred. I asked Miss Serank why there was a monarchy and why we needed one I asked her why it was at least not Welsh . She looked at me as if I were mad . You Silly Boy she said you don't understand. But I did and always have. There is a misogyny and racism that lurks behind sinews as and structures of monarchy. In an age of celebrity and the Brexit hangover it's reality is clear. It's hidden agenda and it's covert prejudices spill out revealing the need to reform the BBC and abolish the monarchy.

George Orwell wrote of the need to abolish the private and public schools, abolish the hereditary principle and to d d the monarchy. We must become citizens and not subjects. There must be a written constitution and an elected second chamber. The nation's of the United Kingdom have nothing in common with the institutions of the British state . It's time for the nation's of the British Isles to reach independence and cast aside the vileness that is the nature of the deadly English class system. The institutions of the English state have no meaning or relevance to any of us any more. I have a deep and lifetime loathing of English snobbery . I am fed up with how many of the narrow little Englanders know nothing of their nation's history, culture or literature. It's quite ironic that those who know the most of it wish to overthrow it. While the Mark Francois and Farage bigots know least. There is an oath in the word loathe and how strongly I feel it. The little Englanders will bleat "unpatriotic" at me yet they will know little of what really happened or why . As they flee to their noxious and naive nativism I shudder at the challenge to come and the prejudices that must be overcome. Behold the strange hybrid beast that is Brexit Isle rushing towards us at the end of January...

No comments:

Post a Comment