Wednesday 3 August 2016

Songs for dark times and light times


The last few songs have inspired me over the years. I was brought up for the first few years at an English Prep School. I had the English Ruling Class and the bloody monarchy stuffed down by throat for three years. Fortunately the lingering influences have been Mabel Upton, a Radical Quaker who was my Kindergarten teacher who helped me develop a horror of war and violence. 



I am elso heavily influenced by Dynevor Senior Comprehensive in Swansea where I cut my political teeth in the School Debating Society. The Upper Sixth was made up of Tories and we in the lower Sixth were all revolutionaries.......When we became the Upper Sixth we organised a prefects strike .The influencies are still there and the values remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment