Wednesday 1 March 2017

St David`s day or Ash Wednesday?..Wales must decide

St David's Day and where stands Wales? When will we wake up ? The UK is becoming separate countries. In Scotland the political and cultural direction is so fundamentally different to that of narrow England. Xenophobic,. Kipper ridden and inward looking. In Wales we are yet to decide Over the last 16 years I have supported an independent Wales that is unaligned brutal and ecosocialst and yet PLAID remains a hybrid creature , the Greens small and the Cobynistas small. You would not even know there were elections in Northern Ireland if you listened to the media. The UK is over but when will we in Wales realise what must be done?...When will we look beyond the English state no longer the last colony?

Please note: the following, while a literal translation, unfortunately doesn't rhyme or scan with the music. Since the song is nearly always performed in Welsh, this is presented to give an idea of the sentiment behind the song.
This land of my fathers is dear to me
Land of poets and singers, and people of stature
Her brave warriors, fine patriots
Shed their blood for freedom
Chorus:
Land! Land! I am true to my land!
As long as the sea serves as a wall for this pure, dear land
May the language endure for ever.
Old land of the mountains, paradise of the poets,
Every valley, every cliff a beauty guards;
Through love of my country, enchanting voices will be
Her streams and rivers to me.
Chorus
Though the enemy have trampled my country underfoot,
The old language of the Welsh knows no retreat,
The spirit is not hindered by the treacherous hand
Nor silenced the sweet harp of my land.

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment