Thursday 21 September 2017

On looking back politically at the Autumn Equinox 2017 the long and winding road



On looking back politically....It is the time of the Autumn equinox. Light and dark are in balance is time of reflection and thought. I look back and thank of two main political incarnations in my life. The first comes from the period 1976 to 1992 and the second from the last twenty years. In the second incarnation I at last found a political faith that was joined up, coherent and vibrant. The only problem I found in that second incarnation was the individual psychologies of a few individuals who through their perceptions and behavior blunted that political faith's effectiveness. In the first incarnation of my political life...I was confused, unaware and poorly read. However during that first incarnation​ I was at the Centre of political activity and the drama of the period 1979 to 1992. During this period I saw the rise and fall of the Alliance, the drama of the Labour Party, the political situation, elections and met characters before they became AMs, MP's and prominent councilors. I knew their friends, enemies, their lovers and partners .I have a unique perspective from that period saw them, angry, upset, drink and childlike.  



Over the next few years I will be putting together a series of memoirs , reflections and speculations. It will be a political Middlemarch and shock, and fascinate you. I too have over this period exhibited all the worst features and the best that I have seen in others and I will not spare myself from criticism.



I have begun the first part of these events with a look at the political life and times of Gwynoro Jones. The memoirs will be mainly about Gwynoro experiences but will will feature explanations, speculations and stories that only I know about. There will be a look at the background to the 1983, 87 and 1992 general elections in Which and the council elections, by elections and politics of Swansea and the surrounding areas. The dramas, over power and both pretty and great anger and ambitious. will be examined and discussed. We will move from the Gower by election to Townhill, Clydach, Msnselton , Ffynone, Dunvant and Bishopston. Through the mysteries of joint open and closed electoral selection and inter party rivalry and connection.


Later on when I turn to my second incarnation. I will be exploring my second incarnation my joining of the Green party becoming it's Welsh Leader , it will cover the period of my personal crisis collapse and bankruptcy some ten years ago.., all that came with it and my return to politics 2014, the Uplands by election and the general election of 2015, the Assembly election of 2016. It will end in 2017 with a reflection on the monsters, saints sinners and eccentrics of Neath Port Talbot politics. . I hope I have wetted your appetite. 




...



No comments:

Post a Comment