Friday 11 August 2017

Cafe del Mar in the Picton Arcade in Swansea has humiliated a well known Swansea character



I have to write this as my last piece before I am off for a while. I heard today that Cafe del Mar in the Picton arcade in Swansea had humiliated a well known Swansea character called Heather Jordan. I have known Heather for over 40 years. Heather is a well known figure on the left Swansea. Heather has a First Class Degree in English and is now elderly and in not so good health.

Heather is regular;y seen around Swansea quietly doing a crossword and keeping her to herself. Her clothes are old but Heather acts independently bad has a strong will and outlook She often comes to the cafe below my clinic and chars to the people in the Munch box.

This morning she went to the Cafe De Lamar in the Picton Arcade went to the toilet and when she returned her belongings had been put out side the cafe and she was told she was too dirty to be there. She was humiliated and very upset. Heather can be rude and is rather deaf and not spoken to me for years. However the humiliation she went through is a clear indication of how horrible and intolerant society has become. I have to tell you this story because it makes me angry and I would ask that many of you make your displeasure known to the Cafe owners and perhaps refer to it on Trip Adviser. Heather Jordan is not dirty and does not deserve this humiliation.......... this is a measure of the intolerance that haunts society. when the ecentic and the different are treated in this way..we should all be ashamed. See you all soon

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. Treatment like this toward anyone is just obscene and the Cafe should be ashamed of themselves. Guess I won't be getting my coffee from them any more. Our society unfortunately allows this to happen far to often. I only wish I had been there at the time. I would not have been so polite!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to read this, thank you for letting us know, yes, I will contact the Cafe to protest against the way Heather was treated.

    ReplyDelete