Thursday 10 August 2017

Thursday thoughts and a break for an operation....as an NHS patient in Sancta Maria

Thursday thoughts


....I wake early. I have a blood test at 8 as I am having a small hernia operation on Saturday. So it's the 6 10 from Ystradgynlais. I am the only passenger . The blog will be off line from Saturday till August 21...so your feeds will be much quieter.

I am going in as a NHS patient to Sancta Maria in Swansea for the operation. I had to say that less some investigative right wingers accuses me if selling out...anyway as the bus moves down the Swansea Valley I muse on the international situation. I see a billionaire President with a thin skin and large ego, who is in trouble domestically, and in charge of a vast arsenal square up to the third generation owner of a paranoid and fearful secretive society. Trump plaigerises the words of Harry S Truman and reveals his own paranoia. It's as if Kafka and Miller write a new version of the Crucible as each side searches for the Devil within....

In the UK predictions suggest that within a decade 16,000 people will be sleeping rough. The child grooming scandal growing in Newcastle asks all of us some powerful questions. Already the right and far right begin to call for the Asian population to take action on such things. Yet no one calls upon the white community to take action because of Jimmy Saville or others. The scales do not fall from our eyes and there are no one eyed person ready to be king..
In the USA I hear people deny the reality of climate change because they don't like Al Gore and civil servants are told not to use the term climate change and instead are to use extreme climate.

 I get off a Swansea Railway station and catch a taxi to the hospital. Sancta Maria us in the leafy area Ffynone in the Uplands of Swansea. As I chat to the taxi driver we notice that the trees on Walters road have a hint of Autumn about them. I always feel a slight tinge of sadness at this time of year for the passing of Summer. Perhaps a metaphor perhaps a hint of aging, partly personal and partly collective. As I arrive at Sancta Maria I am sent to a waiting room and I write down my thoughts. See you all soon...by the way I'm am going in as an NHS patient....


 Oh well if I am quiet over the next week don't worry I will be back soon...enjoy the peace... I might be tempted to make a few comments thoigh

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes for the operation, Many patients are having surgery at Sancta Maria hospital, that is functioning as an extension of the NHS facilities. Regards from Gabriela.

    ReplyDelete