Friday 13 May 2016

Victory on forced Therapy and the DWP


Some weeks ago you may remember that one of my clients was being forced to attend CBT therapy at a location In Swansea. I wrote the following letter on behalf of the clients mother and I have just heard that client no longer has to attend. I am delighted and now get on helping them move on to the rest of their lives. This is the letter I sent .It might help others in this position I have the full permission from both mother and daughter to inform you all. I am sure that the many of you contacted me about this issue will be pleased at the outcome........the clients had been told that if they did not attend that their benefit would be sanctioned .This is the letter I sent to the DWP.
."I have been unable to attend because my Daughter X is suffering from the long term effects of post Traumatic Stress disorder this has been caused by my daughter experience 12 years ago when she was the victim of a paedophile gang.
Forcing my daughter and myself to attend causes severe panic, anxiety and fear. We already have a Therapist helping with this matter. Forced Therapy is causing myself and our Therapist severe concern about the effects of forced therapy.
I fear that pressure like this has no value in helping both myself or my daughter. x feels sick, dizzy , cant sleep and feels constantly under pressure. She does like talking to adults, cannot answer the phone and is being forced into a very low depressive mood. I desperately need the organisation JOB Fit to recognise my concerns fears and issues before x  becomes suicidal.
This letter has been written with the help of my Psychotherapist. I suffer myself from severe anxiety and panic attacks. II frequently cannot travel on the buses or go out by myself.
I cannot attend regularly not because I wish to be sanctioned but because I am psychologically unable. I request a formal overvaluation. The fear of having no money forces us nearer and nearer to desperate measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment