Thursday 5 January 2017

Sinatra is101 and Play it again...........and a very good year.

But now the days are short, I'm in the autumn of the years
And now I think of my life as vintage wine
From fine old kegs
From the brim to the dregs
It poured sweet and clear
It was a very good year







I cant help it I am an unashamed fan. Perhaps it because I like hats. Perhaps because I was born in the late 50s...well 1958 to be exact. Perhaps because I am an unashamed romantic. yes they songs are sexist but ll things are a product of its time. Perhaps I am unreconstructed who knows. perhaps I am just a product of my time. An unreconstructed 50s male lurking deep in my personal unconscious......../ who knows?


And then of course that film  "Casablanca". I watched all these films with my father in the early 1960s. So its too late. As time goes by.... A powerful film, that makes me smile and makes me sad.......

Finally we have "Brief Encounter" I saw my Father cry during this film. It helped realise perhaps a good few years later that men can cry and I think that I have cried alot but this film confirms to me the romance of stations and trains that will never go away. So its too the that famous film I conclude. You come back to me Dad when I watch this film.........

No comments:

Post a Comment