Thursday 30 May 2019

Plaid plays Byzantium in Powys and stories of the coming by election



Plaid plays Byzantium in Powys and stories of the coming by election in Brecon and Radnor.. you may remember that a some weeks ago I told you of the battle for the budget in Powys. Had it not been for the magnificent Seven Labour Councillors amongst we could have found that all the libraries within the County would have been closed. As it was on the first vote the budget was defeated and the Labour Group were delighted to see the two Plaid Councillors back them in their opposition. The Labour Group was fascinated to note that in a seconf vote for the budget proposed by the Tory Independent cialirion was passed. It was interesting to note that in that second vote the two Plaid Councillors abstained. It was further noticed that when Powys Council choose it's roles and positions in the Annual Meeting of the Council these two Plaid Councillors were given "promotion" . I am not suggesting causation or back room deals of course., however a degree of correlation might be spotted by some. I of course could not comment but you might want to....

I also here that some tectonic plates may be shifting amongst this hybrid monstrosity that rules Powys. As I write my little birds and dire wolves tell me of a healthy flow of electors signing the recall petition. There is still three weeks to go and I think that we might nearly be at the magic total of 5303 that will trigger a by election. I wonder if Chris Davies will be selected by the local Tory Party . I am told that if the percentage of electors suppirting reaches 20% then he will be challenged by at least two others. As it is it looks as if a by election will occur either in the last week of July or the first week of August. It's been 32 years since the Brecon and Radnor by election of 1987. I smile as i wonder what the 29 year old Martyn John Shrewsbury would have said had a time traveller from 2019 gone back to tell him that 32 years into the future he would be Branch Secreatary of Ystradgynlais Labour Party and Executive Member of the CLP. I love the irony and mysteries of space and time...oh well sliding doors and alternative futures...

No comments:

Post a Comment