Thursday 13 April 2017

Green party to break through in Powys Elections May 4


https://www.facebook.com/pemberton.pippa


In four area of Northern Powys the Green party are forming the only opposition to two sitting Tories and to two Independents. Pippa Pemberton is the target candidate for the Greens, Party in Caersws, and stands a really good chance of breaking through..

About Pippa in her own words


As a frontline environmental and social activist, I have battled against homeslessness, and road and airport expansions. Now a writer on politics and the environment, and a campaigner for the Green Party, my professional background is in archaeology, heritage conservation and regeneration.
Locally, I was a govenor of Caersws Primary School for two years, where I helped run the parent-led school library, and I am now governor at Llandinam Primary School.  I trained as a breastfeeding support peer and helped set up the Llanidloes Breastfeeding Support Group – being chair for the first year and winning funding for the new service.  I also sit on the Management Committee of the Caersws Village Hall.
I joined the Green Party as it is the only party that prioritises climate change, and is the only political opposition to’austerity’ economics.  For the past year I have been the Campaigns Coordinator for Wales Green Party, and in 2015 I stood as a Wales Green Party candidate for Mid and West Wales in the National Assembly for Wales elections.

I am now standing as the prospective Wales Green Party candidate for Caersws ward in Powys, as I believe Powys County Council needs a shake-up and a change of direction.  It’s time for a new generation to step forward with new ideas.



Caersws Ward


Pippa Pemberton is the prospective candidate for the Wales Green Party for the ward of Caersws in Powys.
Caersws Ward includes the villages of Caersws and Carno, along with the hamlets of Llanwnog, Pontdolgoch and Clatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment