Friday 30 June 2017

Another Friday............

Looking back to another Friday five years ago...






Another Friday and I reflect upon another Friday some five years ago. That Friday was the end of a long legal nightmare thatrhaps had brought me closer to the abyss than any other single event had done in the entire course of my life. Those who have been through a similar process will know exactly what I mean. The sheer brutality of the legal process is something to be feared and appreciated as a mechanism. The process destroys and damages . It's result leaves the individual frightened and gives nightmares for years after. Those who have never experienced it are fortunate . Then there are those who use it in argument when their own ability to debate is non existent and empty. Long ago Oscar Wilde wrote "that every saint has a past, every sinner a future" . It serves many of us to deny the shadow within by projecting it onto others. Thus occurs across society in many forms. Unless we understand it we brutalised ourselves and our souls. The truth is that just as we all could be the persecutor given a certain set of circumstances, so all of us could experience the process that I experienced five years ago.  



The solution and the wisdom it brings is to understand that we all are frail, broken and scared at times. It should make us have empathy for both the individual concerned. It could be any of us.
I often think of this on Fridays. I am fortunate I am articulate , I am resilient and I am middle class. There are many who are not , who did not have an excellent legal team and who are not now sitting on the having this freedom to reflect. I am also fortunate, very fortunate to have live and friendship that sustained me during the nightmare. In the words of Leonard Cohen " Here"s to the few who don't mind what you do and the fewer who don't even care. ...." And Neitzche said that we don't love to live but that we live to love Have a great day everybody......





No comments:

Post a Comment